Duty Manager (Casual) Faringdon
Post Title: Duty Manager (Casual)
Location: Faringdon Leisure Centre
Reporting to: Centre Manager
SOLL Leisure is a registered charity that manages wet and dry leisure facilities in Oxfordshire. As a not for profit organisation and Charitable Trust all profits are re-invested into the service.
To act as Duty Manager and to assist in the management of the Leisure Centre.
Assist in the management of the Centre
- As directed by the Centre Manager, supervise and assist in all operational aspects of the business. Specifically:
- Customer care
- Administrative procedures;
- Income reconciliation, banking;
- Organisation of staff rotas and work programmes. Supervise other employees and delegate duties as required;
- General housekeeping, general and deep cleaning, and security;
- Reporting maintenance issues for building and plant;
- Implementation of the company’s Health and Safety Policy;
- Liaise with other Service Teams as required;
- In-house training.
- Deputise for the Centre Manager in the event of the latter’s absence.
- Act as one of the designated key holders for the premises
- Perform duties at any of the Company’s sites as required.
As Duty Officer you will be required to;
- Control the use of the Centre and deal with any problems arising.
- As necessary deal with enquiries and bookings.
- As necessary set up and take down equipment.
- Operate reception as required from time to time.
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and safety at all times.
- Be responsible for the security of the building, equipment and cash
- Check plant and equipment, report defects.
Perform Other Duties
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- NPLQ qualified
- FAAW qualified
- Experience of leadership and management of staff
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Must be able to demonstrate good time management
- Ability to set up equipment
- Good organisational and analysis skills
- Flexible towards working shifts, evenings and weekends
- Computer literate
- Sense of humour
- Must be a good listener
- NPLQ trainer assessor qualified
- PPO qualified
- Coaching Qualifications
- Motivated to improve the direction of the Centre
- Experience in event management
- Have good presentation skills
- Experienced in delivery of quality and safety (Quest, H&S)
- Ability to organise and take children’s and/or adult courses
- Management qualification (ILM, ISRM etc.)
REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT 1974
The above post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 of (Amendment) Order 1986.
SOLL Leisure, therefore, requires candidates to divulge whether they have had a conviction for an offence. You should preferably do this by adding a manuscript note to the application form, detailing the conviction(s). If this is not possible, you should inform the recruitment or interviewing officer verbally.
THIS INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED IN THE UTMOST CONFIDENCE.
It will depend upon the nature of the offence, whether the conviction will affect your possible appointment to the staff of SOLL Leisure. SOLL Leisure confirms, however, that it is not their intention to discriminate against offenders in making appointments and offences will only be taken into account where the nature of the offence is deemed to be a material factor when selecting an appointee.
Nevertheless, failure to disclose a material offence which subsequently comes to light, may, depending upon the overall circumstances, be regarded as gross misconduct and be liable to lead to instant dismissal.